While we didn’t do as well in the local races as we would have liked, 2016 was an excellent year for Republicans in Minnesota and across America. Being a candidate is a huge personal sacrifice. We would like to extend a huge thank you to Victor Lake, Pat Hammond, and David Meyer for their willingness to take on these established incumbents.
In the election on November 8th, 2016, the Republicans:
- elected Donald J. Trump as our next President and Governor Mike Pence as our Vice President.
- against expectations, were able to hold the majority in the U.S. Senate.
- elected Jason Lewis to the U.S. House of Representatives, and held on to the majority in the U.S. House.
- gained enough seats to take the majority in the Minnesota State Senate.
- held on to their majority in the Minnesota State House.
While we still have to get legislation past Governor Dayton at the state level, we now control both chambers of the legislature. At the federal level, the voters have given us a license to govern. We look forward to the next two years!